On 15/12/03 15:27, "Joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ok so I'm trying to buy this pismo 400 from this guy I work with for $125, but
> the thing won't turn on, I reseated the ram and cpu cards, is there something
> common with these that makes them not turn on?  I pressed that funny reset
> button on the back of the machine a few times as well and it didn't seem to
> help...

Did you try with Command-Control-Power? Did you check for the reset
procedure on the Apple website? I'm not sure, but I tought you had to press
the reset button for a specific amount of time before letting him go. But
maybe I'm wrong. Best thing would be to search for reset pmu powerbook in
the technical notes and maybe also in the discussion boards.

-Laurent.