At 11:46 PM -0500 12/15/03, Doug McGlathery wrote:
I have a Pismo running Jaguar (USB, Firewire and modem are still fine), with an Airport card installed. I have never used my PC Card slot however and I was wondering if people would be willing to share ideas for cool things to plug in there.

Most things you can do with a PC Card slot you can do with either the built in hardware or using USB / Firewire. Things like video in and flash card reader. A PC Card for doing it might be more compact but not by a lot. I've got two media adapters, a USB card and a wireless card for my Wallstreet. I'm considering getting a USB flash reader as it's a little more convenient for me. The trend these days is to do most of that sort of thing via USB or Firewire as it's more versatile. The same hardware can be used with desktop machines and with hubs any reasonable number of devices can be connected.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA