Well, I just put a 60gb Travelstar in my Pismo for that reason--except I just carry mine to work, but I have a couple of external firewire drives that I use for backing up stuff. They are the leftovers from previous upgrades, installed in 2.5" combo drive cases. It's very handy when I want to move data to my clamshell iBook, too. I have no experience with PocketDrives. A guy had some for sale on the iBook list earlier in the month, though. He said they were very reliable (of course), but that he needed more space.

Gary