On 1/3/04 3:28 PM, "Andrew, a Mac Freak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I use another application in Mac OS X 10.3 and switch to safari (which
> is running in the background) I get a message that says "You need to restart
> your computer. Press and hold the power button..."  I can't force quit or
> anything, only restart.

This is a Kernel Panic and it means that something has gone REALLY wrong
somewhere along the line--enough so that the Mac OS itself no longer knows
what to do.

Usually, these happen in response to hardware problems (with peripherals, no
necessarily the computer itself). Do you have anything plugged into the
iBook when this happens, a mouse perhaps?

Has it ALWAYS done this since you upgraded to 10.3, or has it only recently
started happening. If the later, have you changed anything since when it did
work correctly (i.e. Installed software, changed preferences, etc.)?

Sincerely,

Scott
--
"Oh good! My dog found the chainsaw!"
- The absolute funniest line from "Lilo and Stitch"