G'day!

Does anyone out there use Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and/or mapping applications on the Apple Mac?

I have a Pismo running OS X 10.2.8 and would like to obtain some GIS software for work at home.
I use ArcGIS suite (v 8.3) and MapInfo Professional (v 7.0) @ work on those $hitty windoze things...

I have heard that ESRI's ArcView software can be used on the Mac.
Does anyone know where I can obtain version 3.0 from, or does anyone have a copy for sale out there?

I've seen that a University in the US has/had MapInfo running on their Macs but don't know which version they use or if it's still available - MapInfo can't/won't reply to my emails.
Above question applies.

What about other GIS/mapping software?

Grass seems pretty good from the website info, but what's it like in the flesh and is it worth the $$$?
I had trouble installing OpenOffice (another open source program) using x11 and unix and gave up so I'm now using ThinkFree Office - is Grass just as complex to install?

Any others out there worth investigating?

Cheers guys,

Simon
Australia