supershanefx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asks:
>So whats the easiest way to convert all my VHS tapes to DVD? I have access
>to an external dvd burner and a vcr. But how do I connect them to my
>titanium? And do I need to burn the dvd in a certain way to play like a
>regular dvd? (I have TOAST 6 also).
IMO the best way to go directly from analog video to DVD is with the USB
Instant DVD for Mac device, under $200 at OWC:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_MailList.cfm?ID=5448&Item=ADSMACAV1750>

I made a very picky customer very happy after he had tried a number of
other solutions (eg: vhs-FWbridge-DV-iMovie-iDVD-DVD.) It was the
simplest solution of all, plus it produced the cleanest-looking DVDs. The
resulting mpeg files aren't easily directly editable the way are DV files
but the included SW does allow for trims and similar simple edits. Also
the DVD authoring app, while perhaps not the equal of DVD Pro, is
certainly flexible and at least as good as iDVD. And it lets you use any
DVD burner you like, unlike Apple's iDVD.

For anyone who just wants to move a ton of old analog video to DVDs I
think it's hard to beat.

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/