20040109

From my experience--

In my WS 266 (os 9.2.1) I note that my NewerTech pc card, like all my pc cards, must be carefully seated in either slot. If you are not careful, you may misseat it and even damage the cage--apply slight pressure to keep it going in level but pulled up toward the top or pushed a little toward the bottom. I always put mine in the top, but it may do just as well in the bottom.

There is a "spring loading" of sorts so you do have to push harder right before the limit is reached going in.

Some dexterity required--probably why a lot of cages in Wallstreets wind up damaged. Mine was replaced under Applecare once. But guess who damaged it--a technician, while it was in for motherboard replacement.

BTW, I had to buy a "newer" firewire card, from Western Digital, to work with the firewire drive I bought. Newer was not new enough.

HTH,

Jim
--
Tanglewood Ordinary Restaurant