I have a question regarding printing to NeXT Laser Printer from the Mac. I have the printer connected to a NeXTstation, and can print to it from the NeXT no problem. The desktop printer is set up on the Mac, and the printer utility verifies that the printer does exist at the specified IP (ergo, I think that the Mac can see the printer, no problem). However, when I try to print to it, the queue on the Mac generates error -8827, and nothing comes out of the printer--in fact, the spooled file on the Mac never goes to the NeXT, and opening the queue on the Mac shows the file, with a message "##.#k left to send" or something close to that. I know that one is supposed to be able to print to the NeXT printer as an internet printer from the Mac, and AFAIC this should now be up and running, but is not. What gives?! Any ideas?

I'm running OS 8.2.2 on the PBG3, LaserWriter v.8.7.1, and with NeXT Level I PPD in the printer description folder (I've modified it to reflect language level II). NeXT is under OpenStep 4.2, running PPD for Level II Postscript Laser Printer.

TIA for any advice on this one.

--
Regards,

Dante McLean Dante McLean Photography [EMAIL PROTECTED] --> NeXTmail soon to be welcome! [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DS16 #19
"A Humming Bird"
Christian Island, Ontario
N44° 51.472'  W080° 12.349'