20040110
On 1/10/04 6:45 AM, "Gary Goldberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Are there any websites where, like anti-virus
 programs, you can get a free spyware checkup?

To my knowlwdge no spyware exists for this platform. Look elsewhere for a solution to your problem.

------

Gary, you might check the settings on your e mail sw, since some can be set to attempt a connection when the schedule for checking for new mail calls for it. In Eudora, look in the special/settings menu.
[I think a prior post made this point, HTH further]

Though I agree it is not likely the cause of your instant problem If anyone knows of spyware that could afflict our macs, I hope they will post. Is there not something platform independent that could be used or perish the thought something that could somehow hook into IE or Outlook and perform its mission?

If too OT, how an about an expert referral to some reading material.

Thanks,

Jim