Thanls Clark, nice one.

10/1/04 12:17 pm -0800 Clark Martin [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Have you tried this configuration?

Yes, It didn't work but......

I just checked and Jaguar's PPP pane
changes the displayed password to 8 dots.  This doesn't mean it's changed
the password, it just shows there is a password.  This is done as a
security measure t.........

OK, thanks I wish I knew that before!

Therefore, as I have now seen, when I switch location the port is changed to its default of printer/modem. So , I have to then click the menu to change the port.

This was because I pressed 'apply' when "show ..printer/modem' was up , then corrected it by switching to'show internal' Therefore two settings were available for that configuration, and modem/printer port is the default. I would have thought my error was overwritten when correcting it. In fact I had to delete all settings in the 'show ..printer/modem' option, then press apply.

You may not follow that without a little loss of brain matter. Mine became cooked trying it all back and forth with three dial up numbers, and testing.
BUT..your advice has been invaluable,

Thank you so much.

Bye, John Plumridge

regards, John