on 18/01/04 14:10, Charlie Meyerson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Safari runs fine when I log in as root user (under Panther) on my iBook SE.
> But when I log in as another user, Safari boots up with an error message
> about a "problem saving bookmarks," and, in fact, Safari under that log-in
> name does not accept, save or retain bookmarks, etc.
>
> Also, Safari consistently and persistently asks for a Keychain password, and
> I haven't figured out how to turn this highly annoying "feature" off.
>
> Your suggestions, as always, will be welcome.
>
> Thanks.
>

> CM

If there is a problem with the other user, then there is a permission
problem for the Library folder of that user. I would imagine there is also a
problem with the keychain of that user.

What happens if you create a completely new account?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

card walloper n.: An EDP programmer who grinds out batch programs that do
stupid things like print people's paychecks. Compare code grinder. See also
punched card, eighty-column mind.