On 20/1/04 21:30, Paul Stamsen said:

>Mike Turner stated:
>
> -> I bought on eBay a LocalTalk network
> -> adapter for the Stylus Color 500 and a LocalTalk-Ethernet bridge box.
> -> This, plus the Epson standard network print driver, gave me a network
> -> printer accessible to all ethernet equipped Macs.
>
>What does one ask eBay to look for if one should want one of these (for a
>HP)?

I assume you mean a Ethernet-LocalTalk bridge, not a printer network
interface card? You have anHP printer with no ethernet interface, just a
LocalTalk network connection? This setup doesn't work with a purely
serial printer.

There are several different devices that will bridge between Ethernet and
LocalTalk networks.

The one that I have had experience of is the Dayna Mini EtherPrint. It
works transparently. Just plug in an ethernet cable connected to your
network and a LocalTalk cable connected to your printer. The printer
appears in Chooser in Mac OS 9 or can be added using Print Center as a
AppleTalk printer in Mac OS X.

On eBay look under Macintosh for something like Etherprint or
Ethernet-LocalTalk bridge. Hope this helps

Mike