Here:

http://developer.apple.com/firewire/IP_over_FireWire.html

On Jan 27, 2004, at 9:29 PM, Andrew Kershaw wrote:

My reply doesn't really answer the OP's questions, but . . .

I've not used FW target disk mode, but for fast file transfers I was
mighty impressed with filesharing using TCP/IP-over-FW. I haven't done
any timed benchmarks but Finder copies between a pair of Pismos is
_fast_fast_fast_. Perhaps doing the filecopies using TCP/IP-over-FW might
work out better?

Dan K
(who's been waiting for an opportunity to mention TCP/IP-over-FW :-)

Whoa, wait a minute... You can do TCP/IP over FireWire?

I remember there being some discussion back when FireWire was new about doing AppleTalk on FireWire (though I quickly grew uninterested in that idea and don't know if it's possible today or not), but if I've heard anything about TCP/IP over FW, it's just a quiet mumble in some hidden memory...

Please do spill the beans, Dan!

Peace,
Drew
--