Jim Hardwick wrote:
The one at PBFIXIT is used, take note. I could not find the one at Datavis.

I had not noticed that the PBFIXIT battery was used, as stated in the 'more details' link; those sly beggars! Sorry about the vagueness of the datavis reference, but I was reluctant to post the long URL to take you directly to the page. The URL is given below.

Apple's support website calls these things "backup batteries", as well as PRAM batteries, and there is a handy Apple article that gives the stock numbers for various ones:

The appropriate part for the Pismo is Part Number 922-3829, and the same battery is used in both "bronze keyboard" and "firewire" powerbooks. There is a picture link in one of the discussions that I gave the URL to:
<http://homepage.mac.com/sysop/.Pictures/take-apart-pismo/ pismo_takeapart_03.jpg>
I've verified that the PRAM battery in my Pismo looks just like that.

The same part number is given on the datavis page, at:
<http://www.datavis.com/webapp/commerce/command/ ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=430971&prmenbr=2000>
and the price is $25. Apparently new and unused, and Apple brand. Although the picture does not look quite right (I'd be more inclined to trust the part number than the picture), perhaps the battery unfolds? I don't know and I'm not willing to take mine apart to find out. It does claim to be for bronze keyboard and firewire powerbooks, though, so that's affirmation that it's the right battery, despite the incongruous picture. It also look VERY easy to install, and I certainly wouldn't be paying a tech $80 to replace it for me when/if mine goes.

--Jim.