Jocelyn here are my 2 cents; You could always get the serial number and go yourself to a Mac Resellers, get it check 1) To make certain that it is not stolen good (in that case no Apple resellers will repair it) 2) To know exactly it's age and who was the original owner. If the sellers does seems to eager to get his $$$ be careful, it's always better to walk away with your $$ than a Mac that is going to become a headache over time and that will end up costing 2 or 3 times as much just in parts.

Good Luck

Hugo Trottier
GoMac
Canada