I think the Pismo is the best power book that Apple has built IMHO
It still keeps up with the OS Panther runs OK. OS 9 is faster-please lets not debate that
I look at what Apple has come out with and so far I just don't see what I feel is worth the price.
I do some photoshop, yes I know that would be faster, I would like to step in to video editing and the usual a little web designing and the usual other things we do.

I know she is getting a little long in age, but really Apple Care just ran out on my other Pismo in May so that makes them 3 years old. OS 10 is really the push because you need the processor and video to speed things along. I have looked at going up to a 900 upgrade but those have had mixed results.

So I am leaning towards waiting for a next generation or maybe even 2. Money is not the factor, but a lap top is, otherwise I would just grab the biggest G5. It just seems that every book after the Pismo has had problems, not all major but ones that a 3K to 4K book should not have.

To be honest even the Pismo needed a new video card which equal a MB to run OS 10.2.3 I gave Apple $350.00to fix the problem. The inverter board on the other Pismo went out on 10.2.3 all within the same month. Apple Care was nasty and said a liquid was spilled inside the Pismo sometime in the last 6 months and wanted $1000.00 to fix it and were very nasty right to the top of Apple Care Ms. Wells Ya right. A $9.00 inverter board (used) fixed that.

So let the opinions roll, new- used -stay-upgrade ????
Thanks
Geoff