On 8 Feb 2004, at 02:29, G-Books wrote:

From: jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Strange Riddle.
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:05:17 -0600

On Feb 7, 2004, at 7:06 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

They proposed to replace TechTool so I said what about DW. Now I'm
stuck and cannot use either of these CD's on my PowerBook for good
housekeeping. Has anybody encountered such a situation and what would
be the solution.

Could be the drive in the PowerBook itself. On booting, the drive has to read the boot tracks which is not exactly the same than when it appears on the desktop after you already booted.

actually........ those CDs won't work in the newest machines. The new machines require 10.2.6 or so to boot and the TTD and DW CDs only have ~10.2.3 on them.

if you contact Alsoft, i believe they are providing updated CDs. the
applecare agent should have known about the TTD CD not working - if
they don't already have an updated CD available, they should shortly.

Thank you all clever wizards for your replies and so fast too! Will contact Alsoft and Apple. Let you know how it works out,

Greetings, Andre.