on 08/02/04 11:28, w miller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

    Is it possible for a li-on battery for a Lombard (M7318) to be
 completely and forever dead? I've tried battery reset and get a box that
 tells me it's reset and to charge it, but the computer is not seeing it,
 before or after the reset.
   If it is forever dead, can it be rebuilt?

Yes, it is most likely dead and yes, it can be rebuilt. However, the problem is with the charging circuitry in the battery, or more specifically, the EEPROM in the circuit that tracks the cells charge. I did rebuild a battery with new cells but could not make the laptop to recharge it, most likely because the charging circuitry was still thinking that the battery was dead.

-Laurent.
Laurent,

What model battery did you rebuild? What cells (part numbers) did you use? I was considering doing exactly this with my Wallstreet battery(ies), but I haven't done much more than taking apart a dead battery.

Did you try running Battery Reset afterwards? That's probably an obvious thing, but sometimes the obvious things get overlooked.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>