Plea for ideas on what I am missing in getting an external USB drive enclosure to work.
I upgraded the hard drive in my G3 Firewire (Pismo) 400 MHz 320MB RAM so I removed the Fujitsu MRH2010AT 10 GB no jumpers Device 0. So I thought the smart thing to do would be to get a USB drive enclose (USAP usb 2.0 mac/pc) and use it for backup or storage.
My problem is that once I connect the enclosure to my desktop G4 Quicksilver it mounts OK but as soon as I attempt to copy anything to the drive it hangs (freezes finder).
I've tried using both power cable usb (ext switch) and straight usb cable (int. switch) and I've tried checking the drive with drive utility (both in OS 10.2.8 and 10.3.2).
I reinstalled the drive in my Pismo and checked it and reformatted it just to be sure. As soon as it is back in the enclosure it mounts on the desktop OK but freezes as soon as anything attempts to access it?
What am I missing?
Thanks for any thoughts. Note I already swapped the first enclosure back since the first one wouldn't even mount on the desktop (supposedly defective, now I wonder).
--
Cheers,
Brent