On 10/02/04 07:34, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve Fuller wrote:
>>
>> Did you install any software or any patches for anything that you
>> recall before this activity started to occur?? Even something that
>> seems harmless may be interacting with something else on your machine
>> and causing problems. Are you running Jaguar or Panther on it?
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Panther. Sorry. That was only in my   sig. I don't recall adding
> anything. I had been a little flaky for a while. If a program hung and I
> did cmd ctl esc and tried to force quit app, I would get logged out.
>
> Should "nobody" be running multiple iterations of sh?

There is certainly something odd about permissions in your installation. I
don't recall user 'nobody' running multiple iterations of sh, nor that
forcing quitting an app would log you off.

Try to create a dummy account and see if it happens there too. If not, then
there is something wrong with your own account. If it does, then there is
something wrong in your system installation.

-Laurent.