that's a good point thanks. Other than the 911 chip supporting ATA-6, are all ext. firewire drives made the same? Some enclosures support two drives but i've noticed that some wants one drive to be slave and the other master. Others claim they have a separate firewire bridge for each drive. Is it better to just get separate enclosues?

thanks again.

--markemmanuel