On Thursday, February 12, 2004, at 09:23 PM, Paul Nelson wrote:
Hi, List,
I got stuck with a Lombard with the failed L2 cache in an ebay
purchase about six months ago, and have been using it since as is, trying to find a replacement for a reasonable price with out success.
I wonder if this has approached the levels of disaster that a class
action suit against Apple is in order? Any Lombard owners interested?
Please answer off list.
Paul Nelson

REPLY
I missed previous on this - what are the symptoms? Does it get reported
in Apple Hardware Test diagnostic CD or is it more catastrophic? I'm personally ready to dump my Lombard which won't install OSX even with Lombard-specific Kingston RAM (OWC's RAM falls short of this specificity) via the install CD, cloning, etc. If I thought the L2 cache were reason I
might be interested.
Tom Meade