Hi Listers

On 12/02/04 16:54, "Jack Countryman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I've had a bottom of the line G3 series Wallstreet given to me.  I helped
 get it to boot some time back and pulled data off of it...so I know it had a
 dead pram battery then.  I eventually got it to boot then by leaving it
 plugged in for a while...but this time its sat plugged in for  over 24 hours
 and still nothing.  Ideas on ways to get it going since I don't have other
> batteries for it? Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem. I solved mine by the following with help from the other listers:

My W/S would not boot at all with the battery installed & AC adaptor connected. This I found was due to a dead battery & PRAM battery.

If I removed the main battery it would boot with the AC adaptor connected but when the battery was installed the W/S would not recognize it and thus not charge it.

I have found out that with a dead battery the PRAM will not charge as the W/S needs a small amount of charge in the main battery in order to charge the PRAM.

I then found out that a Apple programme called "Battery Reset 2" would rectify a problem of the W/Snot being unable to recognize the battery.

I found a copy of this programme by finding in on "Version Tracker then installed it. This solved the problem as the battery was now seen by the W/S, charging began and the PRAM also as the date & time kept correct each time it was switched off. The W/S would now also boot from the battery without the AC adaptor or with battery left in and adaptor connected.

Hope this helps.

John Abraham.