Looks like faster G5s are soon to be rolling on out. And they'll
contribute
less for heating and reduce the need for A/C too! While the first IBM G5
processors Apple is now using in PowerMac G5s are based on
130NM(nanometer)
die technology, the next speedbump will come from 90NM technology
production. Already in use with the Xserve G5 2.0GHz machines, these 90NM
based processors use less power and generate less heat too, which is how
they can now use them in the Xserve chassis and likely will later bring
about G5 PowerBooks too! IBM is getting full production online and that
certainly should bring us the next G5 speedbumb very soon.
One good article on the 90NM Technology links to several more at The
Register <http://eshop.macsales.com/link.cfm?id=8802-5431> .

Yeah, this has been out and even on slashdot for a couple of months now, but it is good to hear that progress is being made. Also, do not expect any PowerPC 970 laptops until perhaps the 980 comes out which will be made with a 90nm process, and no G5s laptops until at least another revision of G% Power Macs, as there have been no faster chips than 2 ghz and no real revamping of the line other than an addition of 1.8 dualies and a price shakeup.
Overall, do not hold your breath until G5 Powerbooks are debuted, nevermind the even longer time until they are shipping. I am guessing MWBoston, which I will go to as I live about an eight minute drive from the new expo center (which is insanely huge) where it will be held.