On Feb 19, 2004, at 4:30 AM, Stuart Saunders wrote:

On Feb 18, 2004, at 7:16 AM, Stuart Saunders wrote:

I only want to do general audio recording; meetings etc. It would save
me having to boot back to 9 for Micnotepad if it will work, and would
help justify iLife 04 (other reason being speedy iPhoto)

P. H. "Patch" Adams said Using GarageBand to record meetings would be akin to buying MS Word
just to write plain text messages. You could do it, but why?

Because if its free, (i.e. I will need to get iPhoto 4 sooner or later) and it's the only app that will do the job without booting back to 9, why not?

I only mean to suggest that there might be more appropriate tools for the task, and ones that won't tax your Pismo so much. Sorry, I should have offered some alternatives. Here's a couple of free ones:

Audio Recorder, <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17392>
Sound Recorder, <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19528>

--
P. H. "Patch" Adams