on 01/03/04 18:56, michael Vogt at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I never been in my powerbook do you take the Torx screws on the bottom
> to get to the Memory

No! No need to do that. You should first try to find a web site that shows
pictures on how to replace memory in a Lombard (or a Wallstreet or a Pismo
since they are very similar).

Basically, you pop open the keyboard, remove the magnetic shield and
carefully extract the processor daughtercard if you need to replace the
lower slot memory module, which is underneath the processor daughtercard. If
you only want to replace the upper memory module, then there is no need to
remove the daughtercard as, when you remove the shield, the memory module
will be right there, next to the processor.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying
security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that
said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The
variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy
with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish
`faschistisch').