on 04/03/04 22:28, AKR at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Okay - the other night, I managed to copy some film footage from a VHS
> tape, through a dv recorder/player into my Powerbook.  I was not able
> to import it into Final Cut Express for some reason so  had to use
> iMovie as we were in a rush to get this done.
>
> However, I  don't  like the destructive editing features of iMovie and
> would like to export the footage into Final Cut Express but have been
> unable to do this so far as FCE is not able to see the file anywhere on
> the hard drive.
>
> Could somebody please suggest how this is done ?

Not sure, but maybe the file containing the footage doesn't have the
extension or the file type that FCE expects? That also happens on OS X...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

gib /jib/: 1. vi. To destroy utterly. Like frag, but much more violent and
final. "There's no trace left. You definitely gibbed that bug". 2. n.
Remnants after total obliteration. Originated first by id software in the
game Quake. It's short for giblets (thus pronounced "jib"), and referred to
the bloody remains of slain opponents. Eventually the word was verbed, and
leaked into general usage afterward.