On 05/03/04 13:14, "chueewowee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get tv on an imac and record to dvd?
>
> I have a superdrive dvdr imac 1ghz 256 mb ram
>
> regards, John

To record video on a DVD, you first need to bring the video into your Mac.
With your iMac, you can use FireWire to import video. The problem is that,
AFAIK, no TV set has a FireWire output. To convert the analog output signal
from the TV (or VCR), you would need to get what we call a "DV-Bridge". It's
a converter that can take analog input and output a FireWire digital video
stream that can be imported in your Mac. Another way to do it is using a
MiniDV video camera that has FireWire output and can accept video input.
Some cameras will let you do that, the cheaper models won't. A cheaper
alternative are USB-based bridges. If you're not concerned by quality, it
would be cheaper going that road, but the quality will suffer. The reason
for this is that USB has a lot less bandwith than FireWire, so less
information can be exchanged between the converter and the computer,
resulting in smaller frame per second rates. The result might be a not so
good picture that might be jerky at times.

After you imported your video source into your Macintosh as digital video,
you can use iMovie to edit and prepare the video.

Once you're done with editing, you can import that iMovie project into iDVD
which will then let you burn a DVD.

-Laurent.