on 05/03/2004 19:27, G-Books at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Problems?  I can't get the Pismo to start up from the new drive.  Do I
>> need to toggle a master/slave switch? Where is it?
>
> To be bootable your drive probably needs to be bus Master. But before you
> do anything, launch Apple System Profiler and see what it reports about
> the drive on the Media Bay bus. Unit "0" is Master, unit "1" is Slave.
>
> If it does show as Slave, perhaps my newly added page with details 'bout
> Lombard/Pismo optical EBM drive replacement and interface PCB mods can
> help:
>
> <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/PB_99_2K_EBM_sled.html#PCBmod>
>

> Dan K

If there isn't a switch (few have switches: some examples are the Sony 810
and 820, and the Lite-on 24x combo that ends with "M", not "K", if I
remember correctly), you can boot from a CD by holding the Option key
instead of the C key: upon reboot, you are presented with an icon for every
bootable system folder, then just click on the icon you want and press
Return. I've used this several times and it works fine, even for installing
Jaguar and Panther.

Chris