On 04/03/04 15:50, "Clark Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 9:03 AM -0600 3/4/04, John Slavin wrote:
 I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time.  Over on the
 Duo list there are discussions from time to time about rebuilding
 the batteries.  It is pretty well generally accepted that using a
 dremel tool, and some care, it's pretty easy to open up the battery
 and replace the cells, at a cost quite a bit less than a replacement
 battery.  Is it possible to do that on the wallstreet battery?  Has
 anyone done it?

As a rule, no, or at least not easily. The first problem is that Lithium cells are not generally available. There is, I believe, also an issue with resetting the controller chip inside the battery. Even if you can find the cells they may cost so much as to make it not worth your effort, although that is purely speculation on my part.

Indeed. I was able to find relative cheap lithium cells on eBay ($40). I proceeded to rebuild one of my Pismo battery. I had some problems fitting the cells in the housing, but I've never been able to reset the controller chip. So, my Pismo never wanted to recharge the battery...

-Laurent.
--

Laurent:
Ever try to reset/recharge in a PB (is it the Wallstreet? or the Lombard?) that would accept the Pismo battery and would also run Battery Reset? Just to take advantage of your work and to divert some toxic waste from the landfill for the time being. Tend to agree with a later poster on this thread that rebuilding isn't cost effective at present.