on 08/03/04 20:37, simon goslin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> G'day,
>
> Ocassionally my Pismo refuses to boot up, or do anything for that matter.
>
> Any ideas on how to prevent this, or recify it?
>
> I've tried ejecting the battery and restarting but to no avail.
>
> Then after unplugging and replugging in all the leads it works, sometimes...
>
> This has only happened 2 or 3 times but it's really annoying to say the
> least.
>
> I'm running 10.2.8 on a 400 mhz powerbook pismo g3.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon
> 09/03

> Rain, shine, sleet, snow? Find out at MSN Weather!
> http://www.msn.co.za/weather/

Maybe the PRAM is starting to wear out? Have you noticed any change in the
date when you are finally able to boot?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the
programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or
her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of
scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large
ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style:
brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of
repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute
force and ignorance).