From: Dave Bonhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DSL modem driver
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:28:17 -0500

Hi!

I'm trying to find the correct (OS X) driver for a DSL modem.  It is an
Alcatel SpeedTouch USB modem and I'm looking for the PPPoE drivers.
I've found lots of PPPoA drivers, but they won't work with DSL around
here, and the manufacturers website only has updates to the drivers,
not the complete installation.

If you have this modem could you please have a look at the install CD
and see if there is an OS X folder that contains a PPPoE driver?

Thanks!
Dave

PPPoE is built in to OSX. System Preferences, Network, and there is a PPPoE tab with a check box to turn it on.

---
JSH
TiBook