On 22 Mar 2004, at 19:18, G-Books wrote:

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:07:47 -0800
From: Clark Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Scanner repetition?

At 5:53 PM +0100 3/22/04, invicta wrote:
Hello All,

Not long ago I posted a query but did not get any reaction. Probably
wrongly worded. So I will refraze:

Setup: DSL modem > Wan port of Airbase Extreme > LAN to ethernet hub
connecting to the cabled homenet. The Airport Extreme has a UBS
Printer outlet. Connecting my Canon i550 BJ printer works smoothly
and the machine is shared in the network.

So I tried to connect the Canon 500F scanner through the
intermediary of a USB hub with the printer to the printer outlet of
the base station. No response. How can I connect the scanner
permanently to my network.

 My computer is a 17" PB elevated to desktop status bij a Griifin
iCurve assisted by a wireless keyboard and Pro mouse but on the move
as well so I would not like to use its USB port for the scanner.

You can't. The airport USB is a print server only. There are two ways to do what you want. One is to connect the scanner to another computer and share it that way. This is dependent on the scanner software having a sharing feature. Keyspan has a device called a USB Server <http://www.keyspan.com/news/news.040108USBServer.spml>. They were showing it at MacWorld San Francisco but it doesn't look as if it's released yet. -- Clark Martin Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting

I was afraid of this. I'll look at Keyspan maybe it's a solution.

Thank you Clark, very much. Greetings, Andre