On Mar 23, 2004, at 9:26 PM, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Clyde Kahrl wrote:

A long time ago, a P3 had to be almost double the clock speed of a G3
to be equal (in some things).  When the P4s came out, they had to be
double the speed of a P3 to compete with the P3!

You lost me there in that last sentence. Did you mean P4 or G4? I think
you meant "When the G4s came out they had to be double the speed of the P3
to compete with the G4"

No, when the P4 fist came out, various benchmarks showed that the P4 was slower than the P3 when compared at identical clock speeds. Significantly slower. They've ramped up the clock speeds to compensate for this.

Check out XLR8 your mac.

As a place to buy a mac or are you suggesting their products? Sorry, my
brain is still a bit lagged I fear.

No, www.xlr8yourmac.com is a great resource for the Mac community. Check it out for info on CPUs, hard drives, etc.

-Hal