On Mar 26, 2004, at 8:36 AM, dan_A wrote:

On Mar 26, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Hal wrote:

I find my G3/900 iBook to be as fast as my old 800mHz TiBook to be and far more durable. I'd pick it over an older Powerbook G4 (titanium).

As some one mentioned earlier, if you use Photoshop, then G4 makes a big difference because of the Altevec engine that it supports, which Photoshop 7. This will really give you a speed boost in that program.

A fair point. I have a desktop that I use for most Photoshop and video work. For day-to-day email, web surfing, word processing and even most games, you won't notice a difference. Even Diablo II runs as well on the iBook as it did on the Powerbook and almost as well as on my 1.2gHz G4 Cube.