Thank you, Phillip. I did install the drivers, so that is why I can't understand why it won't work. I feel that I must have made some mistake in setting up, although I carefully checked the IP address for my Wallstreet and so on.

Susan
Swindon, Wiltshire
England

On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 04:56 am, G-Books wrote:

From: Phillip Burk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Cisco Aironet and OS 9
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:35:41 -0500

Susan,

That wireless card works with OS X because there are drivers built into
the OS for it.  OS X has many drivers for third-party cards and
hardware; that is why it seems so simple to use.  Windows does this as
well, on that side of the aisle it's called "plug and play."

OS 9 won't recognize the wireless card because it needs a driver for
it.  It appears that the Cisco WLAN Install application runs in either
OS X or OS 9.  Get the installer, boot into OS 9 and run it.  The
extension (driver) you need to use this card in OS 9 will be added to
your System Folder