Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:50:17 -0800 Subject: Re: Latest version of OSX for wallstreet/beige g3? From: Robin Ashe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In-Reply-To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 1/24/04 11:01 AM, "Andrew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I own a wallstreet and beige g3 tower. I'd like to upgrade them to OSX. I
 recall reading that these two computers were only able to run early
 versions of OSX. What is the latest OSX version each of these computers can
 run?

TIA

For the time being it's OSX 10.2 Jaguar. However, XPostFacto 3 alpha already has 10.3 Panther running on some Beige G3s and Wallstreets.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to put Jaguar on the G3 tower next week, and I'd like to make sure I'm prepared. What version of XPF should I use? I'm not sure if the latest alpha version is stable for everything except video on a beige g3 with panther, or if I should use an older version to keep things stable. Could someone recommend a particular version for me please?

The XPF documentation didn't make it clear for me how XPF is used. I understand that it is used during the installation process, but does it run everytime you use OSX as well? The documentation mentions using XPF to select OSX as your startup when switching back from OS9 as a startup disk. Before reading that I thought XPF was only used for the initial installation.

TIA,
Andrew