Hi there, The power inverter on my PB died last year, but I've been using it fine with an external monitor since then (it was due to be fixed in two weeks). But now suddenly my external monitor just shows a blank blue screen. On the laptop screen the normal login menu comes up - i can make it out enough to log in, then it shows all the icons etc., but the external monitor screen just changes to the wavy blue desktop design, nothing else, e.g. menu bar.

Any ideas appreciated.