Hello G-thang'ers...

I need help w/ a 14.1" LCD Wallstreet I have, that is giving me trouble.

When on, the backlighting on the LCD is fine UNTIL one of the following
little accidental or purposeful actions are committed, then the backlighting either
flickers or goes out (until the same act is duplicated) :

(1) if the screen is moved. Sometimes it does nothing; other times it causes
the backlighting to go off. Moving the screen in any manner can most of the
time bring it back.

(2) if the power cord is accidentally or purposefully moved or jiggled, it
can cause the backlighting to flicker or go completely out. Re-jiggling it will
bring it back.

(3) pressing on the clutch cover (the plastic cover w/ the power button & the
screen controls) can cause the backlighting to go out, or come back on. I use
this as my "turn the backlighting back on" action if it goes out by other
means!)

What is the deal? Obviously something is loose somewhere internally, but
what? It first I thought it may be the screen's two connections to the mobo, but I
checked them and they appeared fine. Plus, if that was the culprit, would
moving the ac adapter plug around (when in the AC/Sound card's AC socket) cause
the flickering also?

And I never lose power to the WS, so the AC/Sound card should be properly
seated...right?

Help? Thanks,

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. ­- John Fund

P.S. I know I MAY lose my "G-thang" credentials for suggesting this(!), but
how about a little [G] or [G-B] as a tag on the e-mails to this list, ala the
Swap List, the PCI-Mac list, etc.?