At 09:29 AM -0700 04/24/2004, Nick Marshall wrote:
If the app you want to use supports it, have emails only from people in her
address book go to the inbox and the rest to the trash.  You can't get email
from new people who want to contact you, but it might be an acceptable
trade-off.  I get closer to this everyday. :(

I do this with Eudora now. It works quite well!

First my filters check a whitelist (a search of my address books). If no match, the next filters move mailing list messages to their appropriate mailboxes. The next filters move known spams to a junque mailbox. If still no match, the mail is given a "Spam?" label and left in the inbox.

This way my inbox ends up containing only whitelisted emails and those that might be potential spams. For the most part, this prevents accidental false positives from being lost in the junque mailbox.

I prefer to use a separate mailbox instead of Trash because I retain ALL my email. You never know when you need to search thru something that was missed...

- Dan.