> > The shift key on my iBook popped off. It looks as if I should be able
> > to pop it back on, but I can't seem to get it to lock in place. Has
> > anyone had a similar experience? If so, any tips that you can share
> > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If by key you mean the keycap, I've actually manually replaced the full
set of keys of a few Lombard and TiBook keyboards and I found the
procedure pretty easy. The mechanism is the same in both, so I would
assume it also apply to the iBook, although I do not know for sure. To
try it out, pop off a key (for ex. the fn key at the lower-left corner)
this way: push the lower edge of the key (gently but do apply some
strength) towards the upper end of the keyboard, horizontally and lifting
a bit up. As it snaps out from the scissor mechanism at the lower end,
pry it up rotating around upper edge that is still held by the
"scissors". You will then see how the keycap is held at the upper edge.
To replace the keycap, begin seating it in place at the upper edge, push
it down, finally snap it in place pressing it firmly at the lower end.

By "lower" and "upper" edge I mean the edges that are respectively closer
to the palmrest and closer to the display.

cheers, gianfranco