On 9 May 2004, at 20:58, G-Books wrote:

Subject: Re: WiFi range?
From: Thomas Ethen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On the card inside the ABS there is a small plug on the end, which if
removed will show a connector for an external antenna such as the one inside
a PowerBook. You can purchase the connector that goes from the card which
has a connector for a CB antenna on the other end(I got one on ebay quite a
while ago), which will give you range of between one half and two miles if
the antenna is placed high enough. You will have to modify the ABS case to
allow the cable to extend outside to be able to attach the external antenna.
There are also commercial antennas available for ABS which already have the
correct connector to plug onto your Airport card.

Tom

Thank you Tom. Could you direct me to a source of such a commercial antenna supplier? I vaguely remember an offer sometime back, before I went wireless, where you had to drill a hole through the outer casing of the ABS Extreme to accommodate the lead to the external antenna. The name and address escapes me.

Andre.