on 09/05/04 22:39, Scott Detwiler at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just acquired a Pismo, and am enjoying it.
>
> I have noticed some play in the hinges. They are still firm when
> moving, but there's a brief lag before they catch when adjusting the
> screen. The lag is about an inch when measured at the top of the lid.
>
> Is this something I should be preemptive about and look into replacing?
> I have seen stories of video cables torn by broken clutch parts. Or
> does it sound like I still have time before anything is at risk?
>
> I would do the repairs myself. I've already been in and out of several
> 2400c's and lived to tell the tale--the Pismo looks like a dream to
> work on compared to that.
>
> The hinges/clutches ain't cheap--I can see that--so I don't want to
> jump in lightly. On the other hand, I want to protect my investment
> where prudent.
>
> Advice?
>
> Scott

I think you're fine. My Pismo has similar behavior since I got it, almost 2
years ago and it didn't get worst.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates
from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered
silly.