I have scanned some very large, very old maps that genealogists are interested in. From time to time people ask if there is some way for me to print them. While this is not something I'd have a lot of use for, I thought that maybe a black and white large format printer might not be too expensive. Can any of you give me a recommendation for an inexpensive black and white large format printer that would be compatible with OS X and would print jpeg images? And I'd also like some idea of a price range. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I'd be printing from my Wallstreet II 233/12 inch, running 10.2.8.

I'd echo the sentiments of others here. If it's for the occasional printout, I would go to a local Kinko's or a printing place and have them printed there. I use an E size HP plotter at my office and it works out good for these types of things, but they are not cheap to purchase.

Steve Fuller