Hello All,

Late last night my Pismo slipped from my grasp onto my hardwood floor. Landed sideways on a corner of the lid. Popped the lid and DVD open. What a sick feeling....
Good News: it started up again, nothing physically broken.
Bad News: blank screen, big gouge on top.

I waited for the hard drive to stop making noise and assumed I was at the opening dialogue. I typed the first letter of my startup name and then my password and it seems to be running OK. I'm at work now with nothing but PC's around. Tonight I'll try either Target mode with my desktop or the external screen with my TV and verify everything is running (except of course my display).
What should I look for as the reason for the blank display? (besides my clumsiness....). I have installed a hard drive and airport card and am not afraid to open it up but not very experienced with this kind of thing. A disconnected wire? Maybe just false hope here but if any suggestions please reply direct to me or send a cc as I am on digest mode.

    Thanks,
       Dan-