On May 14, 2004, at 4:50 AM, MELVIN WATTS wrote:

can any one help me rebuild the desktop in osx and os9?

Under OSX there is no need, as the desktop is an entirely different thing than in OS 9. IN OSX you can rebuild the *Classic* desktop via the Classic preferences pane (it's in the advanced section). In OS 9 start holding down the command+option key during boot until asked if you want to rebuild the desktop.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona