On May 5, 2004, at 9:11 PM, Richard Bae wrote:

Good to let everyone know, this has been running around for some time. I've received it a few times and realized it was a fake when I was getting the same message to an e-mail account I don't have a paypal to. Also there's been a similar one running around that looks like its from eBay asking for your username and password. Basic rule of thumb, NEVER provide your password, credit cards and any other sensitive information through e-mail no matter how legitimate it looks, places like eBay and paypal will only deal with information through their secure servers on the site.

I've also received quite a few of these, purportedly from PayPal (also to email addressed I don't use for my PayPal account), eBay, Citi bank, etc. I also get some legitimate emails from some of my credit card companies (e.g., telling me my statement is available online, or with low rate balance transfer offers, etc.).

I never click on the link in the email, even if I'm pretty sure it's legitimate. It only takes a second to go to Safari and click on the URL (especially since I keep the ones I use regularly in the tool bar). That way, I always know I'm going to a legitimate site and not to a spoofed one.

None of these companies will ever ask you for passwords, credit card info, etc. in an email.

Regards,

Harry Corsover
    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
        CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
        Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
           <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * 877-507-9562