On 5/16/04, Malcolm wrote:

>on 16/05/04 15:50, Jeff Greffe at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Told you I was new around G3 powerbooks ...
>>
>> After a lot of searching on the net about my particular machine (pismo)
>> I found a little article that states a pismo cannot work without a main
>> battery in one of the bay .... since I have no battery and only the AC
>> as my  power source, I am missing a link !
>
>I can't believe that to be true.
>
>When I build and test machines I almost never have a battery in them.
>
>I am sure I must have built and run a Pismo without a battery in it, on AC
>only.

I'd have to go with Malcolm, for the additional reason that I'm writing
this (under 10.2.8) on my Pismo which is plugged into the AC adapter,
with the weight-saving module in the left bay and the DVD/CDROM module in
the right bay. Yep, dead battery and saving up for the replacement.

So from empirical evidence, yes, it is indeed possible. If your Pismo
isn't working on AC adapter, there must be something else not working
(flaky AC adapter or PMU or something...).

FWIW,

Jim Rohde