On 5/16/04, Amanda Ward wrote:

>I was going to ask about the 107 model, they seem fairly abundant on
>Ebay. Is Pioneer reasonably Mac Friendly?
>
>Amanda
>
>On Sunday, May 16, 2004, at 01:32 PM, James Sanderson wrote:
>
>> If your in the market and have some dinero, go to easybuy.com.  They
>> have the latest Pioneer 107, a superdrive, for under $100 and free
>> shipping.
>> Got mine works great

I don't work for Other World Computing, but they've been running the 107
"SuperDrive" on specials, including this from their last e-letter of
specials:

----------
Burn CDs and DVDs quick with a Pioneer DVR-107 'SuperDrive'! Use Apple
iDVD,
Apple iTunes, Apple Discburner, Roxio Toast, Retrospect, etc. Burns DVDs
at
up to 8X, CDs at up to 24X speeds - and reads DVDs and CDs fast too.
Pioneer DVR-107 'Superdrive', just the drive itself, $115.00
<http://eshop.macsales.com/link.cfm?id=8065-1222>
or with: 5 pieces DVD-R  10 pieces CD-R media with Jewel, Dantz
Retrospect -
$125.00 <http://eshop.macsales.com/link.cfm?id=3369-6608>

and with that (depending on your Mac model having fast enough processor),
you could burn DVDs as well! Take a look if you want to see particulars,
and you can sign up for their e-letter while you're there. I think
they've also had CDRW's if you don't need (or can't take advantage of)
DVDs burned. They also have a program called Discribe which (IIRC) can
burn DVDs on *other* Mac systems than those that can run iDVD. Info on
their website about that, too...

Jim Rohde