>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/17/04 19:03 PM >>>
I have a 333 Mhz Lombard and when I recently upgraded
the CD-ROM drive to a DVD drive, I found that it
actually played DVD movies. Cool! Subsequently, I
noticed that in the Apple System Profiler, it states
that there is a DVD card present.

My question is this: Is this DVD card a part of the
motherboard? Or is it a separate component hidden in
the bowels of my machine that could conceivably be
transferred to another Lombard?

Ted

reply ->

Normally a 333 Lombard requires a DVD decoder card that is inserted into the  PC Card
slot in order for a DVD to play if you have a DVD drive.

It might be that you have a 400 Lombard that has a 333 CPU replacing the orignal 400
CPU. The 400 had the decoder hardware on the motherboard.

Have you checked the label on the bottom of the case to see which model you have?